Saturday, September 20, 2008

iMBA Fall 2008 Residency

(Finance Professor Pierre Yourougou, Keet and myself haming it up for the camera after finance class)

Once again we had a great residency in Syracuse.

Our first day back in Syracuse we had our 18th Wedding Anniversary dinner at Joey’s Italian Restaurant; which is now our favorite restaurant in Syracuse. I made the reservation with Dennis Hay at Joey’s, explained it was our anniversary, and he set things up for us. There were roses waiting at the table for my wife, and we had a great flaming desert prepared at the table (Strawberries cooked in brown sugar and butter). My wife was very pleased and I sent a thank you letter to Dennis once I returned.

The next day, a Sunday, we went to Green Lake Park where we took a walk in the woods and I played 9 holes of golf as well. My wife caddied, and an older gentleman golfer seeing this asked me what the secret was. He told me he had tried unsuccessfully to get his wife to caddy for him for years. We finished up the day by having dinner at the golf courses bar and grill as the sun went down.

During the residency we also visited the town of Skaneateles, local wineries, Onondaga Lake and Chittenango Falls.

This semester we’re taking Managerial Finance, with Pierre Yourougou, Ph.D. Visiting Associate Professor of Finance, and International Business Law with Patrick Cihon, Associate Professor of Law and Public Policy.


Facing a long putt at GreenLake; I've always found long putts on par fives to be excellent metaphors for life: "Everything will take longer to complete than your original estimate."



Here we are at Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub in downtown Syracuse. My favorite item on the Menu is the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage. They also have a great selection of beer, Irish Whiskey and Scotch.



Taking a walk at Lake Onondaga just before dinner.



Chittenango Falls is a great State Park within easy distance of Syracuse. It's a great place for a picnic lunch.


This is Pamela Suzadail, Assistant Director of External Programs. She is a good initial contact if you're interested in the iMBA program. She can be reached at pjsuzada@syr.edu , (315) 443-8384 . The school's iMBA site is- http://whitman.syr.edu/MBA/iMBA/ .

For a fuller description of the Syracuse University Whitman School of Management please see my February 03, 2008 Post.

No comments: