Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Audacity of Hope on April 1st


Like the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus, the scales have fallen off my eyes and I now see that my many years of conservative values and principals have been errant. Not unlike the epiphany of seeing a long lost crush at a high school reunion, my singular-horrified-musing was “What was I thinking?” As a result I am proud to announce that I am joining the Democratic Party, and getting on board with our fledgling President and his agenda.

Like the Apostles, this conversion has not been without personal cost. Already I find myself being overtly ostracized by the people closest to me.

For example, while walking the dogs this morning, I ran into my neighbors who remarked, “Morning neighbor, It’s a cool morning isn’t it?”
To which I replied, “Yeah! Just like Obama is a stone COOL groove dude MAN!”

Or when my wife asks, “Did you catch the Lost episode last week while traveling?”
And I reply, “NO MAN! But I got LOST in Obama’s soulful eyes!”

In both cases the conversation turns oddly silent; I find that nobody wants to talk to me, and I’m forced to go on Facebook.

JP

1 comment:

John E. Pacheco said...

For those of you asking me about the conversion post April 2nd-
“And now the fancy passes by,
And nothing will remain,
And miles around they’ll say that I
Am quite myself again.”
A.E. Housman