Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last chance for white bucks? men's stuff part fourteen


Labor Day is almost upon us, and so every good man asks himself the yearly question: Is it OK to wear my white bucks beyond the traditional end of summer?

The official answer would appear to be yes. I’m told that the 17th Edition of Emily Post's Etiquette, gives the go-ahead for wearing white after Labor Day.

Here in Central Texas the question may be non sequitur as we have only two seasons: summer, and summer will be right back. Because of this my wife is of the opinion that, in Texas at least, the deadline should be extended to Columbus Day.

So I'm leaving my white bucks out, at least for a little while longer. At worst I may be considered an unpolished eccentric by traditionalist, at best I may get my photo in The Sartorialist blog. ;)

-JP

"...he knew that to be careless in dress and manner required more confidence than to be careful. But carelessness was for his children."
- Winter Dreams, F. Scott Fitzgerald


PS- But you might want to start thinking about waxing your Barbour if you haven't done it yet. The wax is easier to work with while the weather is still warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about madras?

John E. Pacheco said...

In the words of Rush Limbaugh: “Ditto”